We ("we", "us", "our/s") take the privacy of users ("users" or "you") of our website and/or mobile app (the "Website" and the "Mobile App" respectively) very seriously and are committed to protecting the information users provide to us in connection with their use of our Website and/or Mobile App (together: "Digital Assets"). Further, we are committed to protecting and using your information in accordance with applicable law.
How we collect data
What data we collect
Why we collect this data
Who we share the data with
Where the data is stored
How long the data is kept
How we protect the data
How we treat minors
What data do we collect?
Below is an overview of the data we may collect:
- Non-identified and non-identifiable information that you provide during the registration process or that is collected through the use of our services ("Non-Personal Data"). Non-Personal Information does not identify who it was collected from. Non-Personal Information that we collect consists primarily of technical and aggregate usage information.
- Individually identifiable information, which is any information that can be used to identify you or could be used to identify you with reasonable effort ("personal data"). Personally identifiable information we collect through our Services may include information requested from time to time, such as names, email addresses, addresses, phone numbers, IP addresses and more. When we combine personal data with non-personal data, as long as it is in combination, we will treat it as personal data.
How do we collect data?
Below are the main methods we use to collect data:
- We collect data when you use our services. So when you visit our digital assets and use services, we may collect, record and store usage, sessions and related information.
- We collect data that you provide to us yourself, for example, when you contact us directly through a communication channel (such as an email with a comment or feedback).
- We may collect data from third party sources as described below.
- We collect data that you provide to us when you sign up to our services through a third party provider such as Facebook or Google.
Why do we collect this data?
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- to provide and operate our Services;
- to develop, customise and improve our Services;
- to respond to your feedback, enquiries and requests and to provide assistance;
- to analyse request and usage patterns;
- for other internal, statistical and research purposes;
- to improve our data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
- to investigate violations and enforce our terms and policies and to comply with applicable law, regulation or governmental request;
- to provide you with updates, news, promotional materials and other information related to our services. For promotional emails, you can decide whether you want to continue receiving them. If not, simply click on the unsubscribe link in these emails.
Who do we share this data with?
We may share your data with our service providers in order to operate our services (e.g. storing data via third party hosting services, providing technical support, etc.).
We may also disclose your data in the following circumstances: (i) to investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other misconduct; (ii) to establish or exercise our rights of defence; (iii) to protect our rights, property or personal safety, or the safety of our users or the public; (iv) in the event of a change of control of us or any of our affiliates (by way of merger, acquisition or purchase of (substantially) all of the assets, etc.); (v) to protect our rights, property or personal safety, or the safety of our users or the public. (v) to collect, maintain and/or manage your information through authorised third party service providers (e.g. cloud service providers) as appropriate for business purposes; (vi) to work with third party service providers to improve your user experience. For the avoidance of doubt, we would like to point out that we may transfer or disclose non-personal data to third parties or use it in any other way at our discretion.
Cookies and similar technologies
When you visit or access our Services, we authorise third parties to use web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, scripts and other technologies and analytics services ("Tracking Technologies"). These Tracking Technologies may allow third parties to automatically collect your information to improve the navigation experience on our digital assets, optimise their performance and provide a tailored user experience, as well as for security and fraud prevention purposes.
We will not share your email address or other personal data with advertisers or ad networks without your consent.
Where do we store the data?
Personal data may be maintained, processed and stored in the United States, Ireland, South Korea, Taiwan, Israel and to the extent necessary for the proper provision of our services and/or required by law (as further explained below) in other jurisdictions.
How long will the data be retained?
Please note that we will retain the data we collect for as long as is necessary to provide our services, to comply with our legal and contractual obligations to you, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
We may correct, amend or delete inaccurate or incomplete data at any time at our sole discretion.
How do we protect the data?
The hosting service for our digital assets provides us with the online platform through which we can offer our services to you. Your data may be stored via our hosting provider's data storage, databases and general applications. It stores your data on secure servers behind a firewall and it provides secure HTTPS access to most areas of its services.
All payment options offered by us and our hosting provider for our digital assets comply with the PCI Security Standards Council's PCI-DSS (Credit Card Industry Data Security Standard) regulations. This is the collaboration of brands such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card data (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) by our shop and service providers.
Notwithstanding the measures and efforts taken by us and our hosting provider, we cannot and do not guarantee absolute protection and security of the data you upload, post or otherwise share with us or others.
For this reason, we ask that you establish strong passwords and, where possible, do not provide us or others with confidential information that you believe could cause you significant or lasting harm if disclosed. In addition, since email and instant messaging are not considered secure forms of communication, we ask that you do not share confidential information through either of these communication channels.
How do we deal with minors?
The Services are not intended for users who are under the legal age of majority. We will not knowingly collect data from children. If you are under the legal age of majority, you should not download or use the Services or provide any information to us.
We reserve the right to request proof of age at any time so that we can verify whether minors are using our Services. In the event that we become aware that a minor is using our Services, we may prohibit such users from accessing our Services and block them, and we may delete any information we hold about that user. If you have reason to believe that a minor has disclosed data to us, please contact us as explained below.
- the use of your personal data is necessary to perform or enter into a contract (for example, to provide you with the Services themselves or customer care or technical support);
- the use of your personal data is necessary to comply with relevant legal or regulatory obligations; or
- the use of your personal data is necessary to support our legitimate business interests (provided that at all times this is done in a way that is proportionate and respects your data protection rights).
As an EU resident, you may:
- request confirmation as to whether or not personal data relating to you is being processed and request access to your personal data held and certain additional information;
- obtain personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- request the correction of your personal data that we have stored;
- request the deletion of your personal data
- object to the processing of your personal data by us;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, or
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not unlimited and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements. If you have any general questions about the personal data we collect and how we use it, please contact us as set out below.
In the course of providing the Services, we may transfer data across borders to affiliates or other third parties and from your country/jurisdiction to other countries/jurisdictions around the world. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of your data outside the EEA.
If you are located in the EEA, your personal data will only be transferred to locations outside the EEA if we are satisfied that there is an adequate or comparable level of protection for personal data. We will take appropriate steps to ensure that we have adequate contractual arrangements in place with our third parties to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place so that the risk of unlawful use, alteration, deletion, loss or theft of your personal data is minimised and that such third parties act at all times in accordance with applicable laws.
Rights under California Consumer Protection Law
If you are a California resident using the Services, then you may be entitled under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") to request access to and deletion of your information.
To exercise your right to access and delete your information, please see below for how to contact us.
We do not sell users' personal information for the CCPA's intentions and purposes.
If you have any general questions about the Services or the information we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at:
Name: Antje Sommer
Email address: email@example.com
To ensure that you fully comply with your legal obligations, we strongly recommend that you seek professional advice to better understand which requirements apply specifically to you.